018907 51100



Unfortunately an Adult can lose the ability to make decisions perhaps as a result of an accident or medical condition. It then falls to family and friends to manage their affairs and make financial and welfare decisions on their behalf. This can be complicated and stressful at what can be an anxious time.

Doughtys W S can provide advice and practical support to people who care for a vulnerable adult through the powers granted by the Adults with Incapacity Act. Under the Act, a friend, family member or a professional person can make an application to the Court to be appointed as either a Guardian or an Intervener, who is then appointed to take financial and welfare decisions on the adult’s behalf. An Intervener will be appointed, for example, for a one-off event, like selling a home. A Guardian will be appointed where there is a need to manage someone’s affairs on an on-going basis.

Guardianships Enquiry

Please use the contact form below to send us a message. A member of our team with be in touch to discuss your requirements.